I’m thankful for this award from Jen with the Courage Coach. One of the inspiring blogs that I follow that is such encouraging blog. I am gracefully accepting and know how important this is in the blogging world. It took me a little while. This award inspired me venture out and find some new awesome blogs to follow.
I had research what this award was all about and thought the wordingwell.com did a great job explaining what it is:
- This award exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers.
- It has German origins – the word “liebster” has several definitions: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome, sweetheart and boyfriend (really?) (read more at wordingwell.com)
THE RULES: (you can copy and paste these)
– Insert the Liebster award logo in your post
– Thank and link those who nominated you
– (After reading the official rules) You also have to reveal 11 interesting facts about yourself!
– Answer the questions designated by the blogger who nominated you
– Nominate up to 11 other new bloggers with less than 100 followers (or new blogs you started to follow-added by me)
– Ask 11 questions of your own to your nominees that they have to answer
– Notify your nominees about The Liebster Award
– Include instructions of the process in your post
11 Interesting Facts About Me!
- Today is my 7 year anniversary with WordPress so it’s nice to celebrate with this award.
- I started blogging after my diagnosis with kidney failure in 2005.
- My sister & I set up a foundation, website & my advocacy began.
- I found my voice in sharing what it was like to have chronic illness/ESRD & on the waiting list in my 20’s & now 30’s raising kids, being a wife & in pursuit to full fill my purpose with whatever time I was given. All of the ups & downs & how my faith has carried me(us-my family) through.
- I’m thankful that my blog has documented everything. Unfortunately, I lost a lot of posts when my old hosting services expired. It was during a difficult time in my health & as that expired everything went with it. I switched to WP & put whatever I had saved. Its been a great choice. I love the WP community & the creative freedom it gives me. So a little a bit about my beginning. Come support our new bloggers!
- I have tried almost all ethnic foods at least once and loved it all.
- I take recipes and tailor it to my renal diet.
- I try to start the day with a devotion and scripture.
- I believe everything happens for a reason and there are no coincidences in life, only miracles. (had to steal that one from Jen)
- I love music and it often inspires me.
- I also love dancing and zumba but haven’t been able to much dealing with my chronic illnesses/pain. I do hope to get back at it.
Questions Courage Coach asked me and my replies::
- Name two things/people that inspire you? My two sons inspire me everyday!
- What is your current goal in life? To keep living the best I can with what I have. Living with chronic illnesses can make goals hard but doesn’t mean I don’t have them. I strive to be the best person I can be. Some days harder than others. Right now my personal goal is to stay active on my blog, write a book and starting another blog that will correspond with this blog.
- Why is that goal important to you? “Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might…”Ecclesiastes 9:10 My words, my fight for life is what is in my hands.
- Imagine the word LOVE written in giant letters on a movie screen, when you see this word up there, what do you feel or think of? I think of agape love, a love so big, that is unconditional and brings healing.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world and money was not an issue, where would you go and why? Europe
- What is your favorite food(s)? Shrimp scampi
- How do you use your creativity? Writing, blogging, graphic stuff (marketing materials, programs, invitations and favors), and photography.
- What languages do you speak? English but think it’s time to learn tagalog, I understand it but can’t speak.
- What is your favorite thing to do on your day off? Rest and relax (my off days is when I’m off, literally not feeling well)
- What do you try to avoid doing? Eat bad and return to bad habits.
- Do you have any pets? If yes which kind and if no, what kind would you like to have? Yes, 3 chihuahua pups, 2 turtles, and lots of fish.
I would like to further nominate:
- Dan’s Perspective
- The feel good days
- Beauty for Ashes
- chronically beautifying
- My Words
- Sugar and Spice and Boogers
- Finding my miracle
- J M Lysun
- The Daily Spoonie
*Answer the same 11 questions I did.